Sunday, May 20, 2012

Citarella Jam


I thought this duo was pretty good, jazzing up a jam on Till There Was You, one of my favorite Beatles tunes, which I believe was on their first LP. Citarella used to be Balducci’s. Balducci’s moved and opened a larger location, far from a PATH station.  Never shopped at the Citarella. Probably pass by weekly; 9th street being such a critcal embarkation point for our journeys to the Manhattan side – the first and utlimate, burough. Come to think of it, rarely see musicians busking there. If you look closely, two men are sitting with their backs against the Citarella store front. They’re panhandling. They were the only ones paying these cats any mind, except me I guess who paused long enough to take in the song and snap a picture. I tossed some change into the hat and got on the PATH humming the Beatles song I first heard as a child when my oldest sister first brought Rock &  Roll into the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment