Friday, July 16, 2010

Ghost Bike Copy Edit

Ghost Bikes in New York maybe removed sometime soon. They’re also called Memorial Bikes, because they memorialize a spot where a bike rider was killed in traffic. I don’t know about this one though, if there was an individual victim. This one’s by the recently defunct Saint Vincent’s Hospital and seems to intend a political statement. I agree with the statement, I think. It’s a might confusing. It requires some math to fully grasp. The closing of this hospital was just another step of Bloomberg New York disenfranchising the poor and middle class of New York. But I’m not commenting about that here. I liked the editorial correction. Copy editors are sticklers, no matter the cause. I saw that and was like, shoot, I make that fewer vs. less regarding amount mistake all the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment