Friday, July 23, 2010

Dry Cement Pond

See, I don’t only complain. I may not offer that many solutions, but I always acknowledge an improvement or at least step in the right direction. With the wave after wave of heat wave so far, I anticipate that August will bring on droves and droves of the Mosquito. I have posted about the Downtown Mosquito Factory in the winter HERE, and if you follow the links in that story you will see some of the earlier posts, one of which is my first post. I guess I’m running out of ideas. Or maybe it’s you! Passed by this long abandoned work project today and breathed a sigh of relief. Somebody drained the dang thing, a cement pond as dry as a drought and not the fetid mosquito birthing paradise of last year. Some sources indicated a 300 percent increase in the Hudson County mosquito population. I can’t verify that figure, but I withhold my right to spread hysteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment