Monday, November 9, 2009

Boomerangs Gone



Gosh Darn it. I hate when this happens, finding new closure of a business in the neighborhood. Boomerangs on Brunswick Street, called itself a “re-sale and consignment shop.” Had lots of stuff I never bought. Why do I need vintage when everything I have is old already, I’m just waiting for it to come back in style. Actually, the people running this place were very nice and one time I did have a real find, a Bob Dylan Bootleg C.D., one of the unreleased Basement Tapes, with the very bizarre “Sign of the Cross,” and a Big Bill Bronzy CD, which cost only four bucks. That’s pretty cool I thought, but I guess in this day and age, Bob Dylan bootlegs ain’t enough to do it. I suspect it was a victim of the recession and not of the gentrification since there is a for rent sign, if it was gentrification there might be a Gap or Starbucks there already. They have an out of date myspace page with some images of their. It didn’t last too long actually, only about a year or so I gather, new store for old stuff. After you live in the same place for a few years, you get to play a mental game, ‘What Used To Be Here,” when you walk around and notice what has gone. Strolling Brunswick is now less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment