Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Agitators Collective Show


I solved the secret of the unicorn. Yes, click here for the July post on the Unicorn painted on a fence somewhere west of Brunswick. The website on the fence, sort of like a photo credit, was for an artist organization called the Agitator’s Collective, and though I asked a couple of my J.C. art friends about this, no one knew. Early evening Tuesday, walking on Coles Street, I passed the 58 Art Gallery and saw these dudes setting up an exhibit, with this funny I “Heart” JC underwear, and turns out that Jason (standing) and Brendan are the ring leaders of the Agitators Collective. I’m not sure if a collective can have leaders (although there was a Borg Queen) so maybe they’re just head agitators. Their exhibit opens up at the gallery on Friday, November 13th. Besides the wall-sized underpants mural, there was a collage with some neat images, some of which I’ve seen around. Throughout their website, and on the collage, is what appears to be the group’s motto: “Who Will Save Beauty?” which I believe is also the name of the exhibit. That’s the kind of agitation our times can use.

Visit the Agitators Website
Visit the 58 Art Gallery Website

Or just walk North on Coles until you see large underpants (briefs not boxers).


No comments:

Post a Comment