Monday, November 22, 2010

Light Pail

The city fathers decided that our traffic lights needed replacing and I’ve sporadically blogged about the removal of the old and the installation of the new. New traffic lights, a good thing and it is not a simple task. You have to put in the new while the old are still active then activate the new and dismantle the old. I noticed this base on a corner, where the transition has been completed or at least almost completed. I guess final removal is still pending. I am assuming this base will be gone at some point. In the meantime, our dear citizenry utilizes it as a make-shift waste pail. I think it’s still littering, but maybe the person using thinks this as a new trash can now is morally superior to littering. I always littered near this traffic light pole, now I can litter in the light pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment