Friday, October 28, 2011

Saint Jude Novena

Happy Saint Jude Feast Day!

Saint Jude is known as the saint of lost causes and desperate situations. Congratulations to everybody completing the Saint Jude Novena.

This prayer tradition takes place at Saint Michael Church
on 9th street. This Jersey City tradition dates back to the 1930s, here’s some history & mystery about Saint Jude in Jersey City.
From the General Epistle of Saint Jude
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy
faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.



Gospel of Saint John, XIV

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, he will keep my words: my father will love him, and he will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

25 These things I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.



Help me to live with faith
in the promise that God is always with us.
Help me to live with hope
that God will bring us through our pain and suffering.
Help me to live with love
so I can bring Christ’s light to others.

From Novena Meditations to Saint Jude, Liguori Press

No comments:

Post a Comment