Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dog Fox Dancer Fence Cats

Dog. Fox. Which is the brown one, which is the lazy one. I forget. Wasn’t it the fox that was lazy? It’s the old typing exercise line, is that still used? Is that pre qwerty or post? I remember thinking, why not just type the alphabet? Saw this at the Brunswick Community Garden. You see random art in the secret corners of the neighborhood. I don’t always take a picture. I wonder what this is supposed to be saying. A resting dancer, is she the fox or the dog is there another irony here I’m missing? The dancer seems Degas via R. Crumb. I don’t quite get the juxtaposition about the lazy and/or brown canines. Is it a comment on the literal meaning of the phrase, or does this dancer—who looks kind of tired, if not, past her prime, is now considering secretarial work? Or maybe she's just doing yoga. Tell you one thing about the artists in this town, they’re some really talented illustrators here. Why this picture is on this fence, who knows. If you look through the fence you’ll see the glowing eyes of a cat. A few cats were in the garden, curious about why I was looking at them. It was one of the warm winter days, close to dusk. Sparse and bare, have the lots even been allotted? Jersey City cats remain on patrol; Jersey City art randomly hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment