I think they moved locations, although it still means that the next nearest pizzeria is more than three blocks away. But I like the term, abandoned pizzeria. I like the leaning pay phone tower – tower? – well it ain’t no booth is it now? It’s more tilted than leaning. I suspect the moving vehicles bumped into the pay phone and tilted it. I pray to the Irony Gods the driver of the moving van was talking on his cell-phone when bumper met pay phone. Had to check and no, the dial tone no longer worked. Like the ex-pizzeria behind it, this is an ex-pay phone, just a remnant of the before-time. Somebody is still taking care of the plants in the barrel-esque planters. Time marches on, two steps forward, one step back and somebody is mindful enough to tend to abandoned plants.
Writings, observations and ideas either caused by or meant to induce a minor disruption.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Leaning Pay Phone, Abandoned Pizzeria
I think they moved locations, although it still means that the next nearest pizzeria is more than three blocks away. But I like the term, abandoned pizzeria. I like the leaning pay phone tower – tower? – well it ain’t no booth is it now? It’s more tilted than leaning. I suspect the moving vehicles bumped into the pay phone and tilted it. I pray to the Irony Gods the driver of the moving van was talking on his cell-phone when bumper met pay phone. Had to check and no, the dial tone no longer worked. Like the ex-pizzeria behind it, this is an ex-pay phone, just a remnant of the before-time. Somebody is still taking care of the plants in the barrel-esque planters. Time marches on, two steps forward, one step back and somebody is mindful enough to tend to abandoned plants.
No comments:
Post a Comment