Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Leaning Pay Phone, Abandoned Pizzeria

I think they moved locations, although it still means that the next nearest pizzeria is more than three blocks away. But I like the term, abandoned pizzeria. I like the leaning pay phone tower – tower? – well it ain’t no booth is it now? It’s more tilted than leaning. I suspect the moving vehicles bumped into the pay phone and tilted it. I pray to the Irony Gods the driver of the moving van was talking on his cell-phone when bumper met pay phone. Had to check and no, the dial tone no longer worked. Like the ex-pizzeria behind it, this is an ex-pay phone, just a remnant of the before-time. Somebody is still taking care of the plants in the barrel-esque planters. Time marches on, two steps forward, one step back and somebody is mindful enough to tend to abandoned plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment