Thursday, July 22, 2010

FYI: FYE

Empty DVD shelves. Had the inevitable come, like it had to CDs? Everything is downloaded, the brick and mortar days of looking through titles and contemplating a purchases as gone as the time spent looking for a good blacksmith? No, the clerk at FYE told me, we’re moving elsewhere in the mall. Century 21 has bought this whole floor? Or is that Forever 21? Big retail changes at FYE. Believe it or not, there was still a CD section there, although it is not conducive to my tastes. I think I bought some music there when it was another store and there were many other record stores and that store had a buy ten get one free deal of some kind. Now it’s just JR, the last record store left, except for the blessed hold outs in the village like Bleeker Bob and Rebel Records. The thing I like about FYE is that they sell used DVDs. I have a buddy who when he needs some dough goes there and trades in. The selection is okay. I’ve been studying the western and found some good deals there to further this pursuit. Big changes on level two at Newport.


No comments:

Post a Comment