Monday, June 8, 2009

6/8/2009 Quote

“Remember that dive bar, Avenue B I think. It was the Holiday or the Blue & Gold. I drank there all the time when I lived down there, in the 80s and early 90s. I haven’t been back since then, more than 15 years definitely. A couple of weeks ago, I was in that neighborhood so I went in for a drink. That old guy, the bartender, he was still there. He was old then, or maybe he just looked old. He looks a lot older now. He squinted at me, sort of looked me up and down and said, I remember you. I told him how I used to come here all the time, haven’t been back in a while. He sneered at me and said, “You’re from Jersey and you went back to Jersey.” That was it. What an a-hole, then I remembered, he was an a-hole back then, just not to me so much.”

Conversation Snippet

1 comment:

  1. The Holiday Cocktail Lounge...Wow! I am amazed that place is still there...And, I agree, the older gentleman always had an edge.

    ReplyDelete